Travel Baseball Program
We believe the development of the player should be the number one goal of any baseball academy. We aim to continuously provide and facilitate a learning environment for our athletes and equip them with the necessary skills needed to be successful on and off the field. Our desire and love for the sport along with our wealth of experience and knowledge in the game is what we can bring to our baseball athletes at ANY ability level. Too often baseball academies cater to only the “elite” player and make promises of nationwide exposure and college scholarships. Our primary focus is and always will be consistent development to help take our players to the next level, whatever that level may be.
Swing, Impact and Ball Flight Metrics
Big Leagues Academy will be using Blast Motion Technology and Software to help develop our hitters. Blast Motion anaylizes hitters swing through a number of categories
At Big Leagues Academy will also be monitoring our pitchers with the Motus Sleeve wearable technology for throwing analysis. The sleeve gives our coaches and pitchers instant feedback and provides the following key measurements
Acute and Chronic Workloads, Arm Stress (elbow valgus torque), throw count, arm speed, arm slot at release and max shoulder rotation.
What The Program Includes
- Winter Training Program
- Parisi Speed and Agility Training
- Complimentary Membership to the NAC for Players
- Unlimited use of Tunnels
- Unlimited facility usage
- Blast Motion Technology and Software to help develop our hitters
- Motus Sleeve wearable technology for throwing analysis
- Baseball IQ Classroom Sessions
Our clinics will provide a “real game” approach to all aspects of the game.
- We use technology and new information to help with the current information to have all our players walk away with a great understanding to their game.
- We go over all mechanical features that are safe and realistic to the level of play.
- We educate and teach students since all of my coaches are teachers professionally and educators of the game.
- Athletes leave our clinics with the proper tools to build on their careers and help their teams win!!
- We also coach to the mental part of the game in all areas. It’s crucial to baseball and life
Each player will have their development as a player/athlete checked through different measurables.
- Passive and Active range of motions
- Power and Strength Development
- Broad Jump
- Vertical Jump
- 60 Yard Dash
- Exit Velocity
- Throwing Velocity (when appropriate)
Matt Schram – Director of Player Development
- 21 years as a high school baseball coach
- 10th years as head baseball coach at Council Rock High School North
- 5 years as head baseball coach at New Hope-Solebury High School
- 3 years as Assistant Head Baseball Coach at Council Rock High School South
- 2 years as Assistant Head Baseball Coach at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School
Head Coaching Accolades:
- 202 wins and 98 losses
- Coach of the Year: 2006, 2007, 2009
- District Champions: 2006, 2007, 2015
- District Runner Up: 2005, 2008, 2009, 2016
- State Final 4: 2017
Big Leagues Manager- Handle day-to-day operations and communication as well as being on coaching staff. Born and raised in Croydon PA. He has been playing baseball since the age of 4 and travel baseball since the age of 8. His travel teams included Dave Amaro with the Lower Bucks Bandits now known as the Philly Bandits and Tri-State Arsenal under Joe Barth. He attended Harry S. Truman Highschool as a 4 year starting varsity catcher. Brian was committed to the University of North Carolina going into his sophomore year of Highschool. Mid season senior year of highschool Brian decided to go a different route and attended a Juco D1, State College of Florida Manatee (1 year) and Camden County College (1 year). Brian finished his college career with an associate degree in business. He has 6 years under his belt coaching travel baseball and highschool baseball. His passion for the game continues as he looks to move forward to coaching at the college level. His goal is to help develop players into student athletes for the college level.
Jon Haldis – Pitching Director
- 2005 Council Rock South Graduate Grades 10th – 12th
- Two sport All-Star in Baseball and Football
- Three year Starting Varsity Baseball & Football player
- Starting Pitcher with 20 – 3 record ERA 1.67
- 93 MPH Fastball
- Only Quarterback in State of PA to rush and pass for 1000 yards in Junior and Senior seasons
- Ranked # 2 Punter in State of PA with 47.8 average
- Signed with LA Dodgers out of High School 2005 -2009
- Starting Pitcher in Gulf Coast League with teammate Clayton Kershaw
- Council Rock North Pitching Coach
- Emphasis on strong Pitching fundamentals and throwing strikes for a strong successful pitching foundation
Hard work, Practice and Dedication to be the best you can